Monday, April 26, 2010

WeMustBeCursed's Random Thought of the Week

While checking out the weekly specials flyer for my local Giant, I noticed one of the specials and immediately thought, "finally, my prayers have been answered" "this can't be real." (Side note: this WAS going to be the picture at the top of this blupdate, but staring at it for more than a few seconds causes...well, you know...

Anywho, the special is as follows. I know, the suspense is torturing you...

2 free gallons of milk with purchase of any 6 boxes of General Mills Cereal.

No, honestly. Check it out. Giant is also Stop & Shop in some parts of the country.

Why not make people buy 10 boxes of cereal and throw in a pony? I mean, cmon. I have had the same box of cereal (delicious, delicious Cheerios for those keeping track at home) sitting on top of my fridge for a month or so. I may be a single male who isn't a cereal nut, but 6 boxes? And don't think I haven't tried inviting Count Chocula to Saturday night Parcheesi in the past, that no good swindler...

Does this raise suspicion in anyone else? Did the shipment of Cookie Crisp come filled with Flintstone's Vitamins? (Love to see the marketing meeting for that product line, "Damnit Frank, 'Viiii-ta-min Crisp!' has too many syllables. Let's turn on Sesame Street for inspiration...") I mean, why does Giant need to move that much cereal that quickly? Somethings up.

It's a shame that I'm a total sucker for free stuff, not to mention asinine deals, cause I'll probably end up getting it (damn you successful marketing techniques). Despite foreseeing my eventual turn to the dark side, I still strayed from googling "Fun stuff to do with cereal" out of a desire to keep this blog relatively appropriate, so I guess I'll have to just suck it up and enjoy life with my six five new best friends (I'm not letting that rabbit near my Trix out of a fear of falling out of favor with the cool kids).

Eh, screw it. I'm springing for 10 and sharing some with my pony.

No comments:

Post a Comment