Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Want To Be A Part Of It


Cold weather Super Bowl? Hell Arctic Yeah! I love this idea, and best of all, you can't say I love it because I'm a "fair weather" fan. Get it?

Alright, I'll cease the torture that is any semblance of my stand-up routine.

But honestly, I really do love this idea, and I'm a Vikings fan. I can see it now. The headlines going in: Brett, in his final season, feels confident that this is the year given cold weather prediction. The headlines going out? There's always next year. (No worries Brett, I know someone you can call for tips on keeping older skin healthy in cold weather.)

But even with me playing the role of the Doomsday Pessimist 4 years in advance, I'm still excited at what this could bring to the NFL. I was psyched up for the first Winter Classic a few years back, and for the NFL I feel this could be even more monumental.

I can hear the skeptics now, "Hockey is a cold weather sport." My answer: So's football. "Think of the poor athletes!" Please, don't pamper them more than they pamper themselves. "And the fans?" Suck it up. Spend a few hours during the week sitting outside and if you really don't like it, sell your tickets. Oh! I got an idea, you could trade your ticket for a t-shirt!

I can't wait to see how this unfolds, and I can't wait to see the curse(s) that arise. Oooh, I can hear it now, "Why oh why did the one year we make it to the Super Bowl it has to be played in cold weather. John Doe never plays well in the cold!". It's gonna be sweet.

Wait...how well do helicopters fair in the cold? Oh... crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment