Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Midday Madness: 08/06/10

It's Friday, and word on the street is that Friday is My Day, but I'll still throw you some lunch time midday madness, just to get you through boring almuerzo.

Better late than never...

The 2010 NCAA Coaches Poll came out today, with Alabama in first by a landslide. Needless to say, I was shocked and appalled that my 2-10 Terps didn't receive any votes. Sure we had a rough season last year, but previous performance doesn't really predict future performance...sometimes... Clearly this wasn't a popularity contest. Or an ability contest, either. Ok, maybe an ability contest...

I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but I have to. I got two words for Alby today after the MRI on his sore knee came back a-ok, "oh snap." I told you it wasn't real! Shanahan, acting as the mature coach we all know and love, reportedly confirmed to media that it was precautionary, right before breaking out into a victory dance. In response, Haynesworth addressed the issue by saying to the media, "Did I say knee? I meant elbow."

Strasburg successfully threw a simulated game and will apparently be ready to reenter the rotation by Tuesday. This was great news for Nats fans, who can hope for a tremendous pennant race comeback justify going to watch the Nationals again, which is in turn great for Nationals owners, who can stop giving away tickets reap the benefits of more tickets sold. This may be bad news for Strasburg though, being that we live in the pitch count era. Arms are valuable assets to both owners and players. It isn't prudent to waste too many pitches. At least that's how the success stories have done it.

Finally, a quick video for the afternoon. Remember when we all were initially intrigued (but kinda hated) autotuning? Then remember when we really started hating it? Well, dj's/editors are starting to make me love autotuning again. Dj's/Editors and too good to be true sound clips.

There it is for this oh so happy Friday. Happy weekend, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment