Friday, June 18, 2010

Did you see that?!?

I hope you all saw that game last night. What a way to end a series! I mean, talk about a total team effort. I can't believe it came down to the wire! And that defense was spectacular! I would have settled for one sweep on the road, but two?! Sheer awesomeness.

Wait, wait, wait. You thought I was talking about that other series finale last night? Well of course I watched it. Fine fine, it's only fair I close the door on the NBA season just like I closed it on the NHL season too, but after this it's sporadic updates till the weather changes, got it?

The reason why I'm more hesitant about an NBA wrap up than I was for my NHL wrap up is that, as aforementioned, the two competitors last night were the winners of the past two NBA titles. Writing for a blog named "We Must Be Cursed" causes hesitance to elaborate on the finals, but there was a couple things I liked about Game 7 and the series, so we'll stray from writing about misery the usual theme for a bit. Here are the three things I took away from the Finals:

1. Defense was huge

In a league praised for its all-stars and high scorers but rebuked for its lack of defense, it was nice to see some great defense in the finals. When the game was coming to an end, it was the Lakers' ability to make all the Celtics' shots contested when it counted most that allowed the Lakers to win the title.

2. The NBA Home Court Analysis held true

Waiting.... waiting... Fine, I'll pat myself on the back. Not only did the home team end up winning it all (which they've now done 82% of the time in the past 11 NBA Finals), but both teams won more games at home (3 for Lakers, 2 for Celtics) than they did on the road (1 for Lakers, 1 for Celtics). You may call this a trend, but we call it something else here at WMBC.

3. The Finals next year are going to be so sweet

I can't wait till you know who stops Kobe in an attempt for 3 straight titles. It's gonna be awesome!

So... the only question that remains then is are you ready for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment