Tuesday, June 1, 2010

NBA Finals All Set


Celtics, Lakers, head-to-head in the Finals. I am amped up! This is going to be sweet!

By the way, anyone ever think, "Poor Augustus"? How can you have a "Don't be a glutton" provision in a contest to win a candy factory? That kid should be the automatic champion! I mean, a kid going crazy for a river of chocolate? That's what is considered abnormal? But I digress...

Wait...a...minute...

We've been here before! The first NBA Finals meeting between 2 storied rivals in 21 seasons! Stellar defense against an explosive offense! Et cetera... et cetera... I knew I jinxed it...

Look, I'll admit it, the 2008 NBA Finals was awesome, but how bout something new? Not that I won't watch it, but parody parity is a loved thing in the realm of sports, and unfortunately this series ain't got a whole lot of it. True, it'll be a great series between two of the best teams in the NBA, but, call me crazy, it just feels like it won't have that same level of excitement as it could.

At least this will, by comparison, make next year's NBA Finals all the more interesting. Let's hope the Flyers/Blackhawks series heats up on Wednesday, but more on that later. For now, guess we just gotta make do.

Poor kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment